Letting a property through Helliwell & Co is efficient and hassle free.
We offer a fully managed service or the flexibility for Landlords that like to be more closely involved.
We will find you high quality, reliable tenants and stay in regular contact with you.
CLICK BELOW for our free, no obligation valuation service.
Free Lettings Valuation, No Obligation
Our specialist lettings team will work closely with you every step of the way with a quality of service that is hard to match.
This is how the process works.
Here are some important steps to think about
- Our Lettings Manager visits the property to assess all aspects that will influence the rental value (size, bedrooms, transport links etc)
- Support given on legal requirements, length of tenancy required and presentation of the property
- Advice on presenting your property
- Highest quality photos and floorplans
- Advertising on property portals Zoopla, Rightmove, Primelocation, On The Market and Social Media
- Direct emails to our vast database of prospective tenants
- Strong relationships with large local corporations and global relocation agent
- Due diligence on offers made
- Referencing Agency collates all information prior to landlord review and approval
- The Lettings Manager or a Senior team member will work with you at every stage to ensure the process moves at the timescale you need it to
- Check-in reports carried out for an objective record of inventory and condition of property
- Liaising with you and your tenant regarding key collection
Landlord Lettings & Management Charges (VAT@ 20%)
Sole Agency: The commission for our Rent Management service is 12% inclusive of VAT (10% + VAT) of the rent.
Multiple Agency: The commission for our Rent Management service is 14.4% inclusive of VAT (12% + VAT) of the rent.
Sole Agency: The commission for our Full Management service is 17.4% inclusive of VAT (14.5% + VAT) of the rent.
Multiple Agency: The commission for our Full Management service is 21.6% inclusive of VAT (18% + VAT) of the rent.
The commission is calculated as a percentage of the rent for the entire period during which the tenant introduced by us remains in occupation of the property. All fees are deducted from the rent on a monthly basis, allowing Landlords to spread the payment of our commission over the duration of the tenancy. Reduced Agency fee(s) may be applicable for some Landlord(s) – please ask our Lettings team for more details.
PRE-TENANCY FEES (Rent Managed & Fully Managed)
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC): £114.00 (inclusive of VAT)
- Gas Safety Certificate (GSR): £96.00 (inclusive of VAT)
- Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR): £216.00-£360.00 (incl. VAT) depending on size of property
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) (up to 5 appliances with plug/socket): £120.00 (incl. VAT)
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) (per appliance without plug/socket): £50.00 (incl.
- Legionella Risk Assessment: £60.00-96.00 (incl. VAT) depending on property heating system.
- Installing Smoke alarms and Carbon Monoxide: £42.00 (incl. VAT) each per tenancy
- Handling local authority licensing application: £180 (incl. VAT) per tenancy
- Key cutting: Cost of keys (receipt will be provided)
START OF TENANCY FEES (Rent Managed & Fully Managed)
Referencing fees: £48.00 (incl. VAT) per applicant and guarantor (if required).
Deposit Registration Fees (for Fully Managed properties only): £48.00 (incl. VAT) per tenancy / renewal.
Inventory & Check-in Fee: £108.00-£240.00 depending on size (incl. VAT) per tenancy. A professional independent Inventory clerk will attend the property to undertake a Schedule of Condition which will be compared against the inventory when tenants leave.
Renewal Fees: £60.00 (incl. VAT) per Tenancy.
Amendment to Tenancy Agreement (requested by Landlord): £60.00 (incl. VAT) per agreement.
END OF TENANCY FEES
Check-out Inventory: £108.00-240.00 depending on size (incl. VAT) per tenancy.
Fees for the service of Legal Notices (Section 8 or Section 21): £288.00 (incl. VAT) per Notice.
what our landlords are saying about us
“Building relationships and delivering outstanding quality of service means everything to us”
Get in touch
Fill out this form and one of our agents will be in touch with you soon.